Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Poplar Creek Stripers

 

I decided to make an exploratory trip this evening to see if the rockfish were pushing minnows up on the shallow flats up the clinch turning into a subsequent surface bite.  I called on my comrades Ethan and Ian to check it out with me.  We launched at Food City and ran up to Dead Mans cove to get bait - one or two throws and we were in business. We graphed a couple of spots along the way heading up stream, but didn't find any fish.  I thought that it might be worth a look at the mouth of Poplar Creek since its always a good idea to check major thoroughfares (areas where moving baitfish have the possibility of getting corralled).  We stopped outside the mouth of Poplar Creek and the first drop resulted in a beast.  From then on it was on like Donkey Kong! We boated several nice fish all in the 10 to 15 pound range, the best being Ian's. He really mopped up tonight - I think he had 5 by himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment