Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tellico Bronzebacks

I ran over to Tellico tonight to see if the smallmouth were on the canal point yet.  I first launched at Center Farm on Watts Bar and got minnows and then loaded up and drove to the Tellico launch at the canal between Tellico and Ft. Loudoun.  The smallmouth were not quite as thick on the two points as I have experienced in the past, but I still caught ~12 smallmouth in about 2 hours of fishing.  I spent a fair amount of time playing around with my new fly rod - an 8 weight Temple Fork Outfitters - hoping to catch one on that, but had no luck.  The best smallmouth was about 2 lbs, but I lost one that would have pushed 4 lbs – I got it half way to the boat and it came loose after I got a good look at it.  Nice evening - tonight reminds me that it's nice to occasionally spend some time alone in the boat with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment